Annual Blessing of the Fleet Road Race
Friday, July 29, 2016
Blessing Weekend Sponsorship Opportunities and Overview
The annual Blessing of the Fleet Road Race kicks off an entire weekend event surrounding the famous Blessing of the Fleet in Galilee, RI. Runners, walkers, and wheelchair entrants compete on the scenic course that covers 10 miles. Winding its way through historic Narragansett, it is officially sanctioned and listed as one of the top three races of its distance in New England.
More than 3,400 people competed in 2015, hailing from all over New England, across the country, and even around the world. The race's finish line is by The Towers in Narragansett, next to the Atlantic Ocean and Veterans Memorial Park, the site of the Blessing of the Fleet Seafood Festival. All race participants receive official Blessing of the Fleet t-shirts.
Race Registration Information
- Registration Fee
- Pre-Race Day Fee: $35
- Race Day Fee: $40
- Register Online
- Register by Mail
- Link = Road Race Entry Form (click the form name / link to open).
- This form contains all race details, including a course map and the 2015 Winners.
- BEAT THE CROWD
Race Day Check In Information
Additional Race / Course Details
- *RACE START: Narragansett Pier School (235 S Pier Rd, Narragansett, RI 02882)
- Walkers Start: 5:00PM
- Wheelchairs Start: 5:45PM
- Runners Start: 6:00PM
- *RACE FINISH: Kingstown Road @ Post Office
- New Timing System, MYLAPS Run Bib Tag System
- Course Map
- 10 Water Stops by Volunteer Narragansett Residents, Time Checks at Every Mile
- Prizes will be awarded to the following finishers compliments of the Narragansett Lions Club:
- Top Ten Male Finishers Top Ten Female Finishers
- Top Three Male Finishers in 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+, AND 19 & under Divisions
- Top Three Female Finishers in 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+, and 19 & under Divisions
- First Narragansett Male Finisher
- First Narragansett Female Finisher
- Top Three Male & Female Walkers
- Top Three Male & Female Wheelchair Finishers
Race Day Parking Information
- At the Start: Parking at the Narragansett Pier School.
- At the Finish: Narragansett Town Beach parking lot.
Race Day Shuttle Information
- 3:00PM - 5:30PM: Continuous loop from the South parking lot of Narragansett Town Beach to Prospect Street (back side of Narragansett Pier Middle School) across from the little league field.
- 7:00PM - 9:00PM: Continuous loop from The Towers to the Narragansett Pier Middle School.
2015 Annual Blessing of the Fleet Road Race Results
- Race Date: July 24, 2015
- Link = Results (click the link to open / view)